2018 has been declared year of the older adult in Marin. The Year of the Older Adult will include a year-long calendar of events and programs focusing on the vitality, contributions and challenges of Marin’s older adult residents. The program will also initiate new policies, programs and resources to promote an age-friendly Marin County.
- Promote Marin as a great place to grow old
- Bring all ages together to understand and celebrate the social, cultural and economic contributions of Marin’s older adults
- Raise community awareness of ageism affecting the opportunities that an older population bring to Marin
- Align and showcase collaborations between and among neighbors, businesses, government, education and community organizations to expand opportunities for older adults
- Identify new strategies, programs, and resources to support and address the needs of Marin’s older population.
Learn more at Marin Year of the Older Adult